Wednesday, 1 January 2014

2013 Round up


Since starting my first (now deceased) blog back in 2006, I have always written some kind of round up post in relation to the year just passed. So, here is one more round up post to add to the pile, in relation to the year that was 2013.


2013 blog round up
Unfortunately I did not blog as often as I would have liked during the year. Having moved out of home, I now realise how much energy is required to do chores and how little free time for blogging this leaves me. I once posted every two days - I have no idea how I had the time to do this!

This year was the first year I was contacted to write sponsored posts (for Taylors Wines, Australian Oranges, Kitchen Wear Superstore and Marion's Kitchen) and this was very exciting for me.

My favourite posts of 2013 are as follows:





2013 other stuff round up
2013 was quite a big year for me. All of the following happened:
  • Learned to swim (this was 2013's goal - achieved)
  • Became a Chartered Accountant
  • Bought a house and became a land lord
  • Adopted a beagle
  • Took my very first working life (3 years) holiday, to New Zealand
  • Climed Mt Kosciuszko (the hard way)

Sophie the beagle

2013 book round up
I read one to two books each week on the train. My favourite books from my 2013 commutes were as follows:
  • Kurt Wallander series by Henning Mankell
  • Van Veeteren series by Hakan Nesser
  • We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
  • Big Fat Lies by David Gillespie

2014 goals
I'm keeping things simple:
  • Blog more
  • Walk more
  • Stop eating sugar. I am very close but yet still so far - I really like Cherry Ripes and chocolate milk!





Lastly, thank you for reading my blog during 2013:) I hope to see you around this year.

1 comment: