I_watched Better Homes and Gardens yesterday and there was mention of some 'pupsicles' made by Dr Harry in a previous episode. I made something similar for my dog, Sophie in both chicken and beef flavours. She thought they were a great hot weather treat.
Adapted from this recipe, which is based on that by Dr Harry.
What you need
- Chicken or beef stock - I made 250ml using stock cubes and separated it between two small plastic containers. You can water it down as much as you like, to reduce the salt content
- Dog biscuits - I used half a handful
- Prepare stock and allow to cool.
- Pour stock into plastic containers. Old yoghurt/take away containers are good for this.
- Place dog biscuits into the chicken stock.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- Take ice block out of container (I find my hands are warm enough to dislodge the ice block from the plastic containers) and serve to your dog:)
You can make these ice blocks as big as you like, depending on how much stock you make.
Sophie loved licking and munching her dog ice blocks!
Beef flavoured dog ice block
Sophie even liked the half frozen dog ice block:)